Friday, March 28, 2008

Hello everyone,

Haven't been posting for quite long. I have recently added new authors to this blog, mainly the Secondary 3 EXCO. So I would also be expecting quite alot of posting from them all. Help to keep this blog alive too.

It's been really a quick 3 years in MSSB for me. In less than a month's time, I would be stepping down along with all the other sec 4's. All the retarded times that we had in Band. Is going to come to an end. I'm sure, not matter how much tiring Band is. I guess majority of the Sec 4's have the same sentiments as me and have some certain feelings and emotions towards the Band which we all have been throughout our Secondary school life.

We are passing the baton to the Secondary 3 EXCO's now. This is your prime. It is your peak of your time in MSSB. Do the best that you can make out of it. Strive with the Band towards greater heights. Knock out that SYF next year. You guys are the leaders, after the Sec 4's would have gone. The Band is in your hands, not ours anymore.

The rest of the Band, both sec 1 and sec 2's. You guys would be leaders in the future also, don't be so immature still and realize that everyone plays an important role in the Band. We all must do it together or there is seriously no point in being a Band at all. Remember: A Band is as strong as it's weakest player.

---------------------------------------------------------


On a heavier note.

There's 18 more days to concert. Not everyone is still coming back to practice for the concert. The concert pieces are extremely challenging and unless you can tell me you can play the pieces perfectly, I do not see a reason why you should not come back for extra sectionals. We are also sacrificing alot of our time by staying back to open the Band Room, can't you make some sacrifices in exchange as well?

This concert will be a grand one. It will be the first time MSSB has ever performed in Esplanade, let us not make it the last by putting on a lousy performance. Everyone has potential to be a great player, it's just a matter of when and how you unlock that potential. Practice hard, 18 more days, I cannot stress how important it is. You can already tell from yourself in school that it is a huge-scale event and is quite important to the school. Perform well not only for the school, but for your own pride.

Gambatte, everyone for the next 18 days!
We can do it.

----------------------------------------------------------

Xing Hao.

No comments: