(warning this post might be long)
SYF is finally over! This will be my last post for my entire band life in Secondary school. I have been with the band through thick and thin for these 4 years. I thank everyone for their guidance, especially my seniors. Although you guys made me very disappointed and sad a few days before SYF, but still my heart will always still be with the band! I hope you guys wont have the same feeling as me!
During the competition itself, I can feel the whole band's hearts beating at the same pulse and we did extremely well! Congratulate yourselves! You are not only winners of the SYF but more importantly over yourself! It doesnt matter what medal we obtained. Gold or Gold with Honours, it doesnt matter. If our fate is Gold for 2009, let it be and lets just work hard and improve further for 2011 SYF! Agree? Lets not blame anyone from your section for playing wrongly or what. It doesnt matter anymore. Its over so lets just get on and do better for 2011! I have faith in the sec 1 and 2 this year. 2 years down the road, you guys will be leading the band for SYF and I hope to see you guys as united as one people!
Result for today: Gold Be satisfied with this Gold because you all can proudly call yourselves a Gold Band for 2 years! Moreover, its our 3rd successive Gold in 6 years! Lets achieve another Gold in 2011 or even a GWH! YEAH! Let not get discouraged because we have done our best today and you all did splendid so lets continue with our motivation to produce good music. Lets show it to everyone that we are worth that GWH on sports day! JY guys!
I am proud to say that you all did extremely well and I am proud to be your major! Now to showcase our SYF band members!
~Lower Woodwind section~
~Percussion section~
~Trumpet section~
~French Horn Section~
~Saxophone section~
~Clarinet Section~
~Euphonium Section~
~Flute Section~
~Tuba and Double Bass Section (Loser)~
There you have it... The members of the Maris Stella Symphonic Band who represented school on 8 April and Achieved a Gold award in the 2009 SYF Central Judging! I salute to all members for doing a fantastic and brilliant job on today's SYF! :)
Look at all those faces on the photos? You guys are the one that made so many of us proud today! Today, you all played music, not rubbish, not noise... a real music. Can feel it.
You all have worked very hard throughout these few months... I pity Brass + Percussion being the 2 big sections that always come for my sectionals and getting all the scolding and shouting and YET everyone still present for every single sectional with me (even the extra sectionals). Seriously, I am very happy with the performance of the Brass and Percussion today. Awesome. There were mistakes but which band doesn't make mistake while playing on stage? Even professional does screw up too.
Brass and Percussion >> Thank you for enduring all these tiring, painful, stressful and demanding sectional of mine. I know ALL OF YOU put in a lot of effort in doing this well. Really. You guys really a wonderful bunch. The improvement you all have made really impressed me. I guess you all still remember how bad you all sound when I started to take you all. As we go along everything just get better. From always getting scolding during full band to being praised during full band. See the improvement in you guys? Really nice. I like the spirit in Brass section this time round. Very united. Percussion as per normal, noisy, restless but never fail to make me feel proud of you guys. Brass and Percussion, YOU GUYS ROCK!!! Continue this spirit!!!
Brass and Percussion >> Thank you for enduring all these tiring, painful, stressful and demanding sectional of mine. I know ALL OF YOU put in a lot of effort in doing this well. Really. You guys really a wonderful bunch. The improvement you all have made really impressed me. I guess you all still remember how bad you all sound when I started to take you all. As we go along everything just get better. From always getting scolding during full band to being praised during full band. See the improvement in you guys? Really nice. I like the spirit in Brass section this time round. Very united. Percussion as per normal, noisy, restless but never fail to make me feel proud of you guys. Brass and Percussion, YOU GUYS ROCK!!! Continue this spirit!!!
PS: To Percussion, I am sorry that I focus less on you all this time round due to brass but seriously, you guys are the one that I am less worried cause you guys can give me what I want fast and good. So changing anything can be done even up to last minute. So ya. I heard some "complain" from Percussion sec 4 that I less focus on percussion and focus more on brass. Sorry... anyway you guys did great. ^^
PS II: To Trombone, you all made it! J to K was nice! Really in sync and nice. ^^
Woodwinds >> Even though I have only taken you all for a few sessions. So I can't say much but you guys peak a lot during the last 2 weeks before SYF. That's something good. See as long as you all practise, you all can sound good.
I think all of us will need to thank Mr Lin, Mr Chiang for spending so much time on the band just to make sure the band sound good. Remember to thank them when all of you see them.
Of course to teachers, they spend so much time opening band room for all of you and preparing so much stuffs. Remember how good they all are to you all. please don't give them trouble.
Lastly, Gold with Honours or Gold. I guess it is ok. We are NOT up to the judges Gold with Honours standard, never mind. At least a lot of people in the audience thought we worth that award. We have captivated Audience's hearts but not judges. It doesn't matter. Audience is more important. We play music for Audience and not for people to judge.
As long as we moved/touched audience heart with our music, we have won this battle.
So Gold alone is good. Honours? We are good enough to be able to captivate the hearts of the audience and THAT WILL BE OUR HONOURS.
Our SYF ends here but our Music Playing Journey still continues. We are here to play music and produce music, we can't stop this duty of ours. Everyone, let's move on and play to our best from now on.
MSSB will definitely shine and be the best it can be!
and ALL YOUR ALUMNI MEMBERS ARE VERY PROUD OF YOU GUYS! So continue the good job!!!
remember we are the Maris bandits!!!
GOGO MARISTBANDS!!!
James & Fredy
No comments:
Post a Comment