Sunday, November 30, 2008

2008 MSSB Band Camp

Good Day everyone,

[Please take note there is another post posted by James at the bottom]

So how's this year band camp? Fun/Boring/Normal?

Whatever it is, I guess everyone has put in alot of effort in this year band camp.

1stly is the Band Competition.

There were a lot of funny moments during band competition. Thanks to Trumpet, Percussion and Flutes + Oboes. Very entertaining. =)

Congratulations to Trumpet (3rd), Clarinet (2nd) and Trombone+Tuba (1st) for the Section Competition.

Although I expect a better performance from Trombone and Tuba (which join in our practice 1 hour before comp. (-_-\\\) ) Never mind. Do a better job during Sec 1 Orientation.

Percussion!! It's ok... you all lost and landed on 4th position (even though it should be better). Never mind, you all did well.

Horns, Saxophone, Euphonium + Bassoon, Flutes + Oboes: You all did very well, although there are SOME mistakes here and there. Not bad for a 2 days effort! Good Job!

---

Next, SYF audition I

9am - 430pm

During that few hours, I have listened to so many of you. There were some impressive ones but there were some disappointing ones too.

Can all of you be more relax when you all come in for audition the next time round?

RELAX!!!

Let me list down some of the things during the audition:

1. COLD hands /Sweaty Palms (100%).

2. Natural vibrato (almost 90 % of the ppl). all your playing "SHAKE" like mad.

3. Trembling fingers or body (around 70%).

4. Keep looking at my expression and make urself more scared (50%). don't listen to shaun la! Like that I can't even move during audition la.. Smile only, scared till don't know what... Don't think so much. Smile may = to good too what. Shaun! Don't be so paranoid!!

5. OH MY GOD!! I can't think! OH MY GOD!! I can't play. Oh my god.. Oh my god! OMG x 30 times. (1 person). Basically the whole time, that guy comes in for audition all I hear is OH MY GOD!

---

I have told all of you, I will be VERY lenient for this SYF audition. Why still so worried? Just play well and you will pass. Just see the number of ppl that pass the audition.

If up till now, you don't know whether you pass or not. I shall post it down here. ^^

---

SYF audition I results

  1. Darren Lim >> 67
  2. Randy >> 65
  3. James >> 64
  4. Saw
  5. Nicholas Soo
  6. Joshua Lim
  7. Nicholas Chew
  8. Dwayne
  9. Lionel Tang
  10. Raymond Gan + Llyod
  11. Kenneth
  12. Zi Yang
  13. Lucas
  14. Nicholas Wu
  15. Kevin
  16. Jia Wei + Hua Seet + Jesus + Wen Liang

Good Job and well done to those who have the audition. For those that have yet to pass, work hard and I expect a better playing next audition.

--

Congratulations to BEST SECTION:

TROMBONE SECTION

You all have done a good job. Well done.

Also congratulations to Best 1s (Shaun), 2s (Darren) and 3s (Jesus).
We have spent quite a while in deciding these 3. So you all really deserve what you all have gotten. Continue to work hard and contribute to Main Band!

--

Lastly, Thanks to...

I think this Camp won't be able to be so Fun/Boring (your own definition) without all these people that have helped or present in this camp that make this band camp experience more FUN/BORING (your own definition).

  • Mr Chiang (He has done too many things, I don't want to tire my hands. haha)

  • Teachers - Mrs Tey, Ms Lee, Mdm Lim, Mr Wu, Mr Tan. Ms Menon (For arranging food and judging for section comp. Of course Mr Wu for doing night duties).

  • Sec 3s committee (who has carried out their duty well and orderly)
    - James
    - Nicholas Chew
    - Jesus Kang
    - Nicholas Wu
    - Yang Chin
    - Lucas
    - Jia Wei

  • Alumnus - mssba (who have come to help for certain activities or staying with you all for 3 days and making sure you all have your fun and of course WAKE UP ON TIME! haha **** Please let me know if I happen to leave out anyone)

    - Ben Yap
    - Jin Yan
    - Aaron
    - Bernard
    - Hao Siang
    - Wai Yip
    - Haryl
    - Caveat
    - Shawn Teo
    - Yu Huai
    - Jason Onggo
    - Justin Mark
    - Wei Jian
    - Douglas
    - Justin Yap
    - Xing hao
    - Albert
    - Wang Liang
    - Chang Jun
    - Joseph
    - Garrett
    - Ken Tan
    - Sean Kwek
    - Stanley
    - Wee Chong
    - Jason Chee

  • Last but NOT LEAST!!! All of you who have participated in this Band Camp!

---

End of band camp BUT continuos improvement on your playing has yet to end.

Everyone, let's work hard for your upcoming SYF. Whatever the alumni band can achieve, you all can achieve too. Work hard and go for it.

---

fredy
maris stella symphonic band alumni
~the legacy continues~

No comments: